So what's Pinterest? If you don't know what Pinterest is, that's not a bad thing. Trust me. I have spent countless hours the past week or so pinning any and everything. I think I honestly spend more time on Pinterest than on Facebook, which isn't that hard to believe with all the changes on Facebook lately. I feel like I'm getting too old to understand how to navigate all of the changes they're making. Anyway.
So, in the midst of pinning all sorts of recipes I would like to try one day, I figured that 12 days out from the wedding would be a great time to try out one recipe...self-frosting nutella cupcakes. I mean, come on, it's not like I have a fancy white dress to fit in or anything...
They look like a disaster (that's what you get for using paper baking cups when it says to), but they smell awesome and taste great too! I doubled the batch, which made a dozen and 3 giant cupcakes. Here's the recipe for anyone pinterested (he he):
Self-frosting Nutella Cupcakes
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 325F.
In a medium bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick (trust me, it's VERY thick). It needs to be in order to swirl in the Nutella!
Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer, knife or other pointy object. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Tilt them in the pan to help them cool. Makes a dozen cupcakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment